- Prime the skin with Vitamin C & Vitamin A for at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment. Research has shown the use of Vitamin C & Vitamin A prior to and throughout the treatment will maximise the results of this skin rejuvenation procedure. The peel will be more effective, your healing time will be reduced, and the risk of post peel complications will be lessened.
- Ensure you are applying a Broad-Spectrum SPF daily
- Consult your doctor for an antiviral if you are prone to cold sores
- Bleach, wax, scrub 1 week before the peel
- Schedule any important event until 1 week after the peel
- Apply retinoid (Vitamin A) 3 days before the peel
- Have sun exposure to the area being treated
What to expect in the days following you skin peel?
Day 1- Skin may feel sensitive to heat and touch (similar to a mild sunburn).
Day 2- Skin may start to feel rough, blotchy and dry. (Keeping up your water intake and using the correct post care products will help here).
Day 3-5- Skin may start peeling or flaking. This could last anywhere between 3 and 10 days. DO NOT PICK OR PEEL OFF ANY DRY SKIN
For the first 72 hours following the treatment
- Treat the skin gently (stop using wash cloths and facial sponges as to not exfoliate the skin)
- Where minimal makeup if required to wear it, mineral makeup is recommended. Check our Young Blood range which is safe.
- Use the recommended post treatment products only – Gentle cleanser, Hydr8 B5 serum (as many times as required throughout the day), Ultimate Recovery Intense Moisturiser (as many times as required throughout the day) & Physical Sunscreen.
- Ensure you thoroughly sanitise all makeup brushes / sponges and change your pillowcase so you are not at risk of infection and/or breakout.
- Do not expose the skin to the sun or tanning devices
- Don’t do excessive exercise as this could cause more dehydration in the skin
- Do not use sauna, steam rooms or do hot yoga as it will sting the skin, cause more dehydration and potentially cause infection
- Do not use AHAs, BHAs, topical steroids, retinol (Vitamin A) or physical exfoliants for 1 week following a chemical peel treatment
- Do not use any cosmetic products that could irritate the skin
- Do not pick or peel off any dry / flaking skin- allow it to peel naturally